I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I would show a few projects I have worked on lately. First is a storage system for all my copics and promarkers. Its made with 5.5" lengths of downspout bought from home depot and crazy glued together. The best part...I can add to it when I need more space!
Next is a altered can I made for a swap, filled with handmade flowers
And last...a wedding cake I made for a friend last week
Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing moms out there. I had a great day...I got to sleep in, woke up to a clean house and pretty much spent the day relaxing and playing outside with the kids :) I did manage to get a layout done, this was inspired by another layout I seen a long time ago (well the title is anyways).
Now I just have to find the right photos for the layout...
I am currently working one several different swaps, one of my favorites right now is a American Themed swap...even though I am not american (the person who is making things for me, will be making summer themed items), I am sure enjoying playing with the red, white and blue colours. I thought maybe this swap would be a little hard for me, since at first I had trouble finding american themed scrapbooking stuff...but instead I just went with the colours, and stopped looking for actual american items.
I am not going to post all the items I made for that american swap, because I don't know if my secret sister is reading my blog...but I wanted to post two of my favorite so far (I am not done making items yet!). And a couple cards I have also made recently...
So I have done a few more cupcakes and a cake. The pool ball cupcakes was for my Mom's boyfriends birthday. They are Peanut butter chocolate chip cupcakes with chocolate buttercream and fondant on top. They were fun to make!
And next is a Pink, Green and zebra stripe birthday cake for my friends little girl, who just turned 5. I made matching cupcakes to go with it :)
I've been playing around with making my own flowers. This are completely made of white paper, LOTS of blue and pearl Glimmer Mist, Broken China Distressed Ink, and I used Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die and a Martha stewart punch for the centres. Oh and I added a tiny bit of the new dark blue stickles to the centres also!